Monday, August 26, 2013

This Blog is Unfinished

Perhaps I should just add this blog to my "List." What is so difficult about keeping up on a blog?  These last few years, I've written dozens upon dozens of posts in my head while away from my computer.   However, the moment I am even in the vicinity of my computer I stall, lose momentum, and forget.  It's seems so easy to record a few thoughts, goals, or memories, and select "publish."  What is my deal?

This isn't anything new for me; not continuing with a journal.  I recently came across a beautifully bound journal that I requested and received in order to begin writing down my life as a young teen.  Probably inspired by a Judy Blume book or two and the young womens program through my church.  This wasn't the first time I had come across it, as there were several missing pages in an already sparse journal.  Pages that a slightly older teen tore out because the thoughts were clearly too embarrassing and sooooooo immature.  Yes, not a very effective way of journaling.  Blast my older teen self and my life long need for perfection. 

So, here I go again.  For the sake of building on family history, declaring and reaching goals, and celebrating achievements, I begin with the best intentions to make this, if not a daily habit, a weekly one, and most importantly, without tearing out pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment