Friday, August 30, 2013

58. Organize Shoes: A lot of them


A trip to The Container Store, check.
Photograph shoes, check.
Print iPhoto contact sheet, check.
Trim and adhere to boxes, check.


During the pre-baby months (if we must, I'll call it nesting) I organized my shoes.  While the shoe organizing system is not as well designed as I would have liked, it gets the job done and keeps my shoes clean, neat, and most importantly easily found.  All objectives met. check.

What is it with women and shoes?  I'm a woman who loves shoes, and can honestly say I don't really know why.  I used to think that it was because they always fit, but having a baby disproved that theory. 

Then I considered a moment I shared with my friend and old roommate, Yanessa, while watching the Sex in the City episode in which Carrie is requested to take her new expensive shoes off at a baby shower, but upon leaving discovers that they had been stolen. The episode follows Carrie as she trys to figure out how to deal with an awkward situation with the party hostess.  In the end, she receives an identical pair of shoes from the hostess, but the moment that got Yanessa and I involuntarily bursting with excitement and giggles was the way Carrie skipped onto the city street just after reuniting the designer shoes with her feet.  The part is only two seconds long but we both felt it.  The excitement and happiness of having an elegant pair of shoes on your feet. The moment was completely lost on Yanessa's boyfriend at the time, but he was in awe of our shared reaction.  He thought he had missed something, and he did.  The experience of wearing a beautifully crafted pair of high heel shoes.  Of course, I know there must be some drag queens out there that know exactly what I am talking about.

Here are my favorite shoes.  A pair of Chanel shoes that I purchased from an off-price shoe store on 1st Ave in the East Village.  Heels, of course, in the perfect shade of peach satin with pearl and gold trim.



3 comments:

  1. beautiful! i'm so proud of you for starting this...again! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must have more info on the sticker photos. I have the containers but the sticker labels are a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    I am just wondering where I could possibly purchase these shoes as well? I am getting married and would LOVE to purchase these! Please let me know how I could get a pair of these beautiful shoes :)

    Thank you,

    Bel (Canada)

    ReplyDelete