Monday, January 26, 2009

One Down and... How many to go?

So I finished #47 Oga Cupid Dress, a ballet costume.  Yeah!  It feels so good to be finished.... (or almost... I actually still have to finish the edge of the hem once they decide on the length, but that really should only take a few minutes.I don't know what it was with this project, but it just wasn't going smooth.  Partial ill planning on my part, and partial... well... Ok, all ill planning on my part... and serger not cooperating.  Hours passed by while I tried to set my machine up to coverstitch... and then eventually had to settle for a crooked edge.  ughh.

Thank goodness this is a costume that will be seen from afar.  I think the owner of the costume is happy... but I see all the random mistakes or uneven stitches.  I may have to make another on my own terms to see about a better construction technique.

So, here is a close-up of the top of my version... it is still a little rough (ie. pins).  Little Dancers Mom added embellishment later.
Here is the Russian made costume I had to reference:


In the end... I am happy that I made the costume.  It was so fun to get to know the little dancer and her Mother better... both so cute.  It also got me back into sewing... since I really haven't made anything in a while.

Now, on to #46 Yanessa's Birds, which is a project where I will be copying, sort of, these birds, that sell out way too fast... or else she would be purchasing.  I hope they turn out cute enough.... they will be going on her Wedding cake.  Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment