Sunday, February 15, 2009

#54, #55, & #56

After being sick in bed for a good three days, and having my messy house driving me crazy for the awake hours, I got in a busy cleaning mode this weekend.  Just the usual... laundry, piled up dishes, cleaning out forgotten items in the fridge, etc.  However, the usual turned into a pre-Spring cleaning of my wardrobe.  It was great tossing some in the trash-- If I shouldn't wear a pilled shirt, then someone purchasing at AmVets shouldn't either-- and adding to my donations bag.  Of course, I came across a couple items that need to be added to The List.  

#54.  Brown striped pants.  The hem had fallen out a couple of years ago, and so they just need to be mended.

#55.  Green & white striped T-shirt.    I bought this shirt at a cheapy store, and it held up OK, but now it is really beyond wearing.  I will be cutting it up to make a pattern, and sew a new one.  It was such a good fit for me.

#56.  Baby Quilt.  I proposed the idea to my Mom that we start meeting to quilt once a week... just a little project to help each other use up our piles of fabric-- we are only allowed to use fabric we have on hand-- and to have a set time to meet once a week.  I am planning on making a bow tie quilt similar but not exactly like this.  Oh... and the reason I am making a baby quilt is not in anticipation of growing our little 2 person family, but because I am trying to start out with a manageable project... so that I will finish it!

No comments:

Post a Comment